Authors: Sarah Day1
1SARDI NVA Clare
Funded By: GRDC DAS00162-A
Project Title: Validating recent research on break crop options in the low rainfall zone to determine the best options for the different climate, soil type and biotic stress situations.
Peer Review: Penny Roberts (SARDI)
- Mean grain yield of PBA Hurricane XT was 0.45 t/ha at Pinnaroo, 2018.
- No difference in grain yield was observed between herbicide treatments (P=0.773). Interactions between herbicide and application rate also had no observable differences for grain yield (P=0.97).
- There were observed differences for biomass yield between herbicide treatments (P=0.037).
- Diuron treatments had the highest biomass yield of 2.03 t/ha.
- Metribuzin and Terbuthylazine treatments resulted in a 14 % reduction in biomass yield, compared to Diuron.