Soils field walk and workshop
June 7 @ 1:45 pm - 6:30 pm UTC+0
A ‘hands on’ look at assessing and achieving the productive potential of your soil – overcoming soil constraints, managing risks and maximising ground cover.
1:45PM – 3:45PM | Crop walk starting from the Werrimull Pub
Travel to various field demonstration sites for an interactive session led by mallee soils consultant Chris McDonough on how to understand, assess and strategically manage the various soils on your farm, focussing on:
- Plant available water, constraints and yield potential
- Inherent soil fertility and input requirements
- Key risks and options for adverse seasonal conditions
4PM – 5:30PM | Soils workshop, Werrimull Pub
Presentation and interactive session with Chris McDonough back at Werrimull Pub, including:
- Key recommendations and case studies on overcoming wind erosion through drought (including Millewa farmers stories and data) from recent GRDC/MSF project
- Practical overview of soil zone mapping and VRT for optimal production and soil protection – what is most critical and worth investing in?
- Where to from here? Potential new tools.
5:30PM – 6PM | Darryl Pearl from AgVic, Werrimull Pub
- 2022 wind erosion and ground cover monitoring project results
6PM | Dinner & refreshments, Werrimull Pub
To assist with catering please RSVP here
For more information contact Nick Paltridge | firstname.lastname@example.org