A GRDC funded workshop for agronomists, advisers, consultants and growers.
This workshop will provide information and technical advice with scientific support for determining organic matter cycling in the soil in relation to nitrogen nutrition paddock planning and fertilise rates, plus trace element identification and management.
- N placement and timing, role of testing
- Increasing the sources of plant available N
- The effect of P nutrition on yield
- In crop nutrients
- Nitrogen gains and losses in cropping
- Micronutrient deficiencies
- Trace element management
Jon Midwood – GRDC Southern Panel
Dr Rob Norton, Regional Director Australia & New Zealand – International Plant Nutrition Institute
Dr Jeff Baldock, Soil Scientist, CSIRO
Dr Glenn McDonald, Soil Science, Agronomy, Agricultural Plant Science, University of Adelaide
Tony Cox, National Coordinator Crop Nutrition, NSW DPI
Dr John Angus, Adjunct Professor, CSU & Honorary Research Fellow CSIRO Agriculture
Dr Nigel Wilhelm, Research Leader, SARDI
Dr Ehsan Tavakkoli, Environmental Soil Scientist and Crop Physiologist, NSW DPI
* program/speakers may be subject to change.