Friday 6th October, 10am-4pm Starting at the Loxton Frost Trial Site at 10am
Come along for an update on the frost situation this year, learn how to ID symptoms early, plan for next year and find out more about what’s going on in frost research.
Topics to be covered on the day:
• National Frost Initiative (NFI) – what is going on with frost research across the country – Michael Zerner University of Adelaide & Tanja Morgan, MSF
• Frost ID – learning how to identify symptoms early and options for frosted crops in cereals, pulses and canola – Mick Faulkner & Jeff Braun, Agrilink
• Frost mapping and predicting frosts – Peter Hayman SARDI and Uday Nidumolu CSIRO
• Management options for frost – the impact of stubble, nutrition and sowing time – Mick Faulkner & Jeff Braun
• Frost Performance Values – decision support tools
• Frost information for growers – where to find the information you need
Lunch will be held at the Loxton Research Centre at 12pm before we head out to the MSF trial site at ‘Stirlings’ at 2pm to look at legumes, canola and early sown wheat trials.
The Field Day is free and all are welcome, but please RSVP by Wednesday 4th for catering.