- This event has passed.
Know your zones for VRT – Waikerie
March 9 @ 8:30 am - 1:30 pm ACDTFree
The precision agriculture journey starts at the upcoming VRT farmer workshop! Led by technical experts Sean Mason and Peter Treloar, participants will experience an interactive and hands-on session tailored to their individual situations. Not only will they learn to create or utilise their own data layers, but also understand how to generate soil zones within paddocks, decide on variable rate fertiliser application, and gain the confidence to utilise prescription maps in machinery. With so much support on offer, this opportunity is not one to be missed – register now and prepare yourself for a fulfilling precision agriculture journey!
Each participant will use their own data therefore your paddock location will need to be provided before the workshop.
8.30am Registration + coffee
9am Welcome + Project intro – Tanja Morgan
9.15am Setting the scene | Polling session – Sean Mason Agronomy Solutions
9.20am Setting the scene | Summary from last year’s data – Sean Mason
9.50am Steps to implementing VRT fertiliser management on farm
- BYO data layers – Minimum amount of data layers for decision-making, can I have too many layers?
- Creation of Zones – How do I turn data layers into zones – discussion on the number of zones, how do I sample zones
10.30am Small group activity (3-4 people)
- What are the commonly used data layers used amongst group members (if new what do you think you could access?)
- How do you access these? (if new what’s possible within your available resources?)
- What are the most useful layers? (including head knowledge)
11am Morning tea (supplied)
11.15am Making fertiliser decisions
11.45am Prescription maps – VRT Machinery 101 – Peter Treloar Precision Ag Services
- Discussion as part of larger group, videos?
- Summary – bringing it all together, where to from here?
1pm Finish with Lunch (supplied)