- This event has passed.
Feeding livestock this Autumn – Optimising nutrition, feeding systems and animal performance.
May 31 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm UTC+0
1PM – 3PM | Workshop & group discussion, Underbool Rec Centre
Livestock producers across the Mallee are invited to join Animal Production Specialist Daniel Schuppan (Nutrien Ag Solutions) to discuss animal nutrition, different feed out systems and the fit for forage shrubs. The day will begin at 1pm with a light lunch followed by a presentation and Q and A session lead by Daniel on:
- Optimising animal nutrition this autumn
- Understanding feed analysis tables
- Feed budgeting
- Sheep confinement area designs and feeding practices
- Animal health in confinement
- The fit for forage shrubs in managing total farm feed supply and keeping groundcover
- Lambing in small paddocks or forage shrub plantations.
If you have any grain or hay feed tests and would like help interpreting them please bring them along.
3PM – 4:30PM | Tour of local farms
- Visit several confinement and forage shrub set-ups in the Underbool district.
- Watch a virtual tour of novel shrub/pasture feeding system in use near Manangatang, taken the day before.
Please RSVP here
For more information contact Nick Paltridge | email@example.com